News from the Chamber

Des Moines Buccaneers hockey to relocate to former Younkers building

Des Moines Buccaneers hockey to relocate to former Younkers building

URBANDALE & DES MOINES, IA: Merle Hay and Orchard View Sports & Entertainment, owners of the Des Moines Buccaneers hockey team, are pleased to announce their partnership with the Cities of Urbandale and Des Moines to build a new 3,500 seat multi-purpose arena...

2020 Best in Class Nominees Announced

2020 Best in Class Nominees Announced

URBANDALE, IA – Annually the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce requests the membership and general public to vote for businesses who are best in their class.  There are 21 different categories voted on and in those categories, three are identified as the...

Creating a More Inclusive Community – Greater DSM Partnership Perk

Creating a More Inclusive Community – Greater DSM Partnership Perk

As one of the nation's fastest-growing centers for business, Greater Des Moines (DSM) understands, values, and embraces the importance of maintaining a vibrant and diverse workplace.   Greater Des Moines Partnership acts as a catalyst to mobilize the business...

Finalists for 2020 Urbandale Business of the Year Announced!

Finalists for 2020 Urbandale Business of the Year Announced!

The Urbandale Chamber has announced three finalists for the prestigious 2020 Urbandale Business of the Year. The award is given annually during Sample Urbandale, A Celebration of Business to honor three businesses and designate one of the three as the Business of the Year. Businesses are evaluated in three areas: how they have given back to the Urbandale Community, the number of organizations or causes the organization supports, and how the businesses’ physical presence impacts the Urbandale community, such as with employee count, infrastructure, expansion, remodels, etc.

Urbandale named best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa

Urbandale named best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa

Urbandale is named the best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa by Zippia, a resource site for job seekers.  Zippia set out to uncover the most affordable cities with speedy fast internet.  Urbandale has everything remote workers need to thrive.  As companies...

Guest Blog: Master This on Zoom to be Successful

Guest Blog: Master This on Zoom to be Successful

By Callista Gould, Author and Certified Etiquette Instructor I was blessed with parents who always told me I was perfect. I had eight siblings to set me straight. One of my sisters said, when I was a baby, my head was so big that when I was first trying to lift it on...

Guest Blog: Updating Your Employee Handbook: 5 Important Policies

Guest Blog: Updating Your Employee Handbook: 5 Important Policies

Greg Thompson, ActionCoach The employee handbook plays a critical role in every company. It is an important tool used to effectively communicate information regarding your company’s policies, practices, and employee benefits. Handbooks can also make a clear statement...

Guest Blog: Changing Consumer Behaviors

Guest Blog: Changing Consumer Behaviors

Jody Josten, Shop Where I Live From all corners of the globe, consumer behaviors have adapted to new realities caused by the pandemic. Research has shown that consumers changing lifestyles and financial uncertainty have caused adjustments in spending on essentials,...

Sign-up here to receive more Urbandale Chamber news!

Newsletter Signup