News from the Chamber

Urbandale named best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa

Urbandale named best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa

Urbandale is named the best city for remote workers to call home in Iowa by Zippia, a resource site for job seekers.  Zippia set out to uncover the most affordable cities with speedy fast internet.  Urbandale has everything remote workers need to thrive.  As companies...

Guest Blog: Master This on Zoom to be Successful

Guest Blog: Master This on Zoom to be Successful

By Callista Gould, Author and Certified Etiquette Instructor I was blessed with parents who always told me I was perfect. I had eight siblings to set me straight. One of my sisters said, when I was a baby, my head was so big that when I was first trying to lift it on...

Guest Blog: Updating Your Employee Handbook: 5 Important Policies

Guest Blog: Updating Your Employee Handbook: 5 Important Policies

Greg Thompson, ActionCoach The employee handbook plays a critical role in every company. It is an important tool used to effectively communicate information regarding your company’s policies, practices, and employee benefits. Handbooks can also make a clear statement...

Guest Blog: Changing Consumer Behaviors

Guest Blog: Changing Consumer Behaviors

Jody Josten, Shop Where I Live From all corners of the globe, consumer behaviors have adapted to new realities caused by the pandemic. Research has shown that consumers changing lifestyles and financial uncertainty have caused adjustments in spending on essentials,...

ATW Training Solutions Helps Clients Adjust to the New Normal

ATW Training Solutions Helps Clients Adjust to the New Normal

ATW Training Solutions believes the core of every organization is its people. Established in 1999, the Urbandale business engages its clients to improve performance and productivity by investing in their employees and unleashing their leadership potential. President...

Guest Blog: It Takes a Mess To Be a Success

Guest Blog: It Takes a Mess To Be a Success

By Callista Gould, Author and Certified Etiquette Instructor Networking is like watercolor painting. I dabble in painting – oil and watercolor. Each takes a different mindset. If you have an exact picture in your head of how the painting should look in the end, then...

PPP Loan Positions Historic Iowa Venue for 50th Anniversary

PPP Loan Positions Historic Iowa Venue for 50th Anniversary

Iowans take great pride in Living History Farms. The popular attraction showcases 300 years of Midwest prairie life on an interactive 500-acre outdoor campus in Urbandale. It is a must see for residents and visitors to central Iowa. The family-oriented museum...

Guest Blog: Cancelled Blood Drives creates shortage

Guest Blog: Cancelled Blood Drives creates shortage

By Danielle West LifeServe Blood Center 2020 hasn’t started out like anyone expected, but with summer here there are several things to look forward to: sunshine, outdoor fun, and hopefully a continual flattening of the COVID-19 curve. It’s not all warm weather vibes,...

Primary Source Plans for the Future

Primary Source Plans for the Future

Urbandale-based Primary Source remains optimistic as it plans for the future. First established in 1985, owner Mary Anne Kennedy bought the marketing promotions business in 1997, growing it into a highly visible mainstay in the local small business community. Its...