2024 Central Iowa Business Conference Breakout Speaker Application
The Urbandale Chamber is preparing for its 4th Annual Central Iowa Business Conference. The event will be held on Thursday, May 23, 2024 at The Meadows Event Center in Altoona, IA. This Conference is the premier event for CEOs and executive teams, business owners, investors, community leaders, and entrepreneurs to attend and experience a full day of inspiration and education. The day allows time for strategic partnership and relationship building. This day also provides a target rich environment in which to amplify and enhance your current network. With the support of our partners, we are anticipating more than 500 attendees!
The conference will be featuring the following keynote speakers: TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Along with inspiring keynote speakers, the Central Iowa Business Conference will feature engaging and educational breakout sessions on a variety of relevant topics that are impacting business owners, managers and influencers.
We are looking to add breakout sessions on the following topics areas. Please review potential session topics under each category for ideas. We are open to all ideas.
* Social Media
* Growing Sales
* EOS Implementation
* Business Resilience
* Quality Improvement
* Small Business Strategies
* Women in Leadership
* Dealing with Change
* Succession Planning
* Recruiting and Retention
* Diversity and Inclusion Panel
* Culture and Team Development
* Artificial Intelligence
* Industry 4.0
* Data Analysis
We request that your proposal address related topics within areas that are timely and pertinent to businesses. While we value you and your content, we ask that no selling be incorporated in your presentation from the podium. We encourage you to provide handouts and other informational pieces to our attendees so that they may contact you at a later date for further collaboration.
The sessions will be 45 minutes long. This will include the intro and any Q&A.
Committee members will meet to discuss submissions. There may be an occasion that either a staff member or committee member will reach out to you for further clarification regarding your proposed topic.
Please feel free to submit proposals for each topic for which you would like to be considered.
If you are chosen to present, you will be expected to:
1. Work with CIBC Marketing Committee to provide a headshot photo and bio by January 1, 2024 (if not already provided).
2. Provide two, 250–500-word commentaries about your presentation that can be used as posts to promote your presentation.
3. Provide an initial outline of your presentation to the CIBC Education Subcommittee by March 1, 2024.
4. Participate in a 30-minute meeting (virtual or in-person) with a CIBC Education Subcommittee member(s) 30 days prior to the conference to review your presentation and finalize any presentation equipment needs.
All questions regarding your proposal should be directed to Gina Wright:
mail to: email@example.com
Please submit your proposal via email by 5pm on January 1, 2024. Proposals will be reviewed by the Central Iowa Business Conference Education sub-committee. Selected speakers will receive notice by January 15, 2024.